Sunday, June 29, 2008

Second quarter of 3rd year of my life

Hello everyone !

Sorry, I am 2 weeks late in sending my progress update, but I am here now. I am two and a half years old now. Growing up is so much fun - I am learning new things everyday.

* As I am growing up, I am being more independent day by day. I insist on doing lot of things myself and that sometimes annoys my parents - but hey - I gotta learn too. Wouldn't you agree ? Things that I can do well lot of times (ofcourse, it depends on my mood too !) include eating breakfast, fetching water from the outlet on the refrigerator, putting on or taking off shoes and flip-flops, taking off clothes, washing my hands and face after each meal, etc.

* I have recently become very fond of crayons and coloring. If you give me simple drawings, I can color them well - almost within the boundaries. I am also learning to ride my tricycle. I can paddle and steer on my own for most part. Now, I am looking forward to get the big girl's bike.

* Although, I primarily communicate in Gujarati, my English vocabulary is increasing. I am beginning to form small sentences - sometime only with nouns :). If I have to complain about something, I only speak English and so sometimes people don't understand me properly :(

* The most memorable event this quarter was the cruise to Alaska. It was a 10-day vacation with my parents and grand-parents. We also visited Seattle and Vancouver. I got a chance to ride a car, plane, boat, bus as well as train during this vacation. I got so attached to my mommy and daddy during these 10-days that now I want to be with them all the time. I insist that they take me to work with them and am giving them a hard time while going to the day-care :)

Summer is here and I am looking forward to lots of outdoor activities including swimming, bicycling, going to the park and even camping.

Check out my photos at :


Love,
Kavya.

1 comment:

Samir Kunvaria said...

Hi kavya, Ami didi, how ru? i really love your messages. Keep posting it, but i cannot see your pictures on this.
Samir