Sunday, June 29, 2008

My imagination at work

Here are some of the events that made my parents notice my imaginative skills:

1. I have seen lot of bikers on the road - each riding a fancy motor cycle. Last week, my parents were taking me for a stroll in the stroller. Since I didn't have anything else to do while riding in the stroller, I started playing with the shade of the stroller. I discovered that I could bring it all the way in the front and as soon as I did that, I shouted to my dad "Daddy, Look ! I am a biker".

2. I have seen my parents working on their laptops many times. I have myself had the pleasure of thumping on the keyboard. So, I know what a laptop computer looks like. On couple of different incidents, when I had two square/rectangular flat objects like 2 books or 2 square stickers, I would put them together such that one is perpendicular to the other at its edge and shout "Look, I made a computer"

3. Lately, I have become very fond of the story of Goldilocks and the 3 bears (Papa bear, Mamma bear and Baby bear). In the story, the biggest bowl, the biggest chair and the biggest bed - all belongs to the Papa bear. The medium sized things belong to the Mamma bear and the Baby bear has the smallest bowl, chair and bed. I have now heard that story so many times, that I have come to associate big size with the word "papa". The other day, I noticed that one of my mommy's socks had a big hole in it. So, I cried out "Mommy, there is a papa hole in your socks" :)

4. Two days back, I went to a friend's place to play with him. He had a nice plastic golf stick. As I was playing with it, I put it upside down and suddenly, it occurred to me that it resembled a light post. So, I called my dad and said "Daddy, look its a light".

No comments: